By Jennifer Green
Visit Pagosa Springs
Join us Dec. 18 for the inaugural Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration along the Riverwalk in downtown Pagosa Springs from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Along the walking route, there will be various Christmas-themed displays and activities, a balloon glow, acoustic musicians, choirs, free hot chocolate and cider, games, toys and other goodies. And, of course, Santa Claus. The route is approximately 1 mile long and will be lit with luminarias and the amazing holiday lights in downtown Pagosa.
Entry points for the walking route include: (1) Town Park, (2) San Juan River Scenic Overlook, (3) Visitor Center and (4) the Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership site at Centennial Park. Participants entering at the key entry points will be provided with glow sticks and a scavenger hunt card to win a free ornament.
Segments have been adopted by the following groups, organizations and businesses:
• Knights of Columbus — annual Nativity scene.
• Chimney Rock Interpretive Association — Ancestral Puebloan pithouse.
• GOAL High School.
• Restorative Solutions and Soul Medicinals.
• Girl Scout Troop No. 26237.
• Pagosa Springs Youth Soccer.
• Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership.
• Pagosa Adventure — balloon glow.
• The Springs Resort and Spa.
• St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church.
• Buckaroos Horse Drawn Rides.
• United Way of Southwest Colorado.
• Humane Society Animal Shelter.
• Our Savior Lutheran Church.
• Chamber of Commerce at the Visitor Center.
• San Juan Outdoor Club — Christmas Camp-out.
• Rotary Club of Pagosa Springs.
• Centerpoint Church.
• Willow and Reed Design Co.
This event is a collaboration of the Town of Pagosa Springs and The Pagosa Springs SUN.
Please join us for a fun and festive evening in downtown Pagosa Springs to celebrate the spirit of the holiday season.